28 November 2007

Nargles

I found a simple but wonderful recipe at Tempest in a Teapot this morning. Kristina calls these delectables "Nargles", which is delicious in and of itself. :) She provided a link to the original recipe. I plan to make some of these for family and some to give as gifts.

The countdown is on! How are your preparations and plans coming along? Are you a pre-planner or a panster? Are you organized and compiling lists, or do you wait until those first December days inspire you?

I'm farther ahead this year than usual, but still have much to do.

* * *

I close this post with the lyrics from "Christmas Time is Here", from the Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown soundtrack. I never knew until now who wrote the song, but here's a photo of the sheet music. (click to enlarge)


Christmas time is here
Happiness and cheer
Fun for all that children call
Their favorite time of the year

Snowflakes in the air
Carols everywhere
Olden times and ancient rhymes
Of love and dreams to share


Sleigh bells in the air
Beauty everywhere
Yuletide by the fireside
And joyful memories there

Christmas time is here
We'll be drawing near
Oh, that we could always see
Such spirit through the year
Oh, that we could always see
Such spirit through the year...

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
In the name of true Xmas spirit, here I am.
I'll try the recipe... :)

I'm a musician and on Friday, December 1st, I'm uploading my Xmas song on my myspace page. You could download it for free, so... It's just a Xmas gift to all the ones interested in music. And Xmas.
You can listen to it even now following this link
http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/122179

thanks & all the best
peace & ciao
from across the ocean

Nov 28, 2007, 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger Tempest in a Teapot said...

Hey, thanks Nancy. I remembered to watch Charlie Brown last night, for the second year in a row— so I'm patting myself on the back for being on the ball already this season.

Can't wait to see how long it lasts. :-)

Nov 28, 2007, 7:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home