17 November 2007

Country Living's Holiday Fudge

This recipe came from a back issue of Country Living Magazine (which has some beautiful Christmas ideas!). It makes approx. 36 pieces, depending on how you cut it. It's a sweet way to greet your guests and makes a wonderful gift when placed in a festive tin or basket. It's easy to make, and for me, has been never fail.

*Holiday Fudge*

3 6-oz packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 14-oz can of sweetened, condensed milk
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups broken walnuts (you can use pecans, cashews, etc)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup each cut up red and green candied cherries (optional)

Line an 8x8" baking pan with waxed paper or foil. In a heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips, condensed milk and salt. Cook over very low heat until chips melt. Remove from heat. Stur in nuts, vanilla and cherries (if deisred). Spread mixture evenly in pan and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm. Cut into squares.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been making this fudge at the holidays since 1988 or 1989. Those that have eaten it, love it. They all want the recipe, but I never give it out. I give it out at Christmas. A couple of years ago, I lost the recipe and almost died. I did remember it from heart though. I tried today, and lo and behold, here you are! I'm so happy I found you again. Sorry, friends and family, you'll only get this upon my death! :)

May 18, 2012, 7:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home